Sneek, Netherlands - LesleyBray

The entrance to the town hall is reached by a flight of steps, built in the years 1744-1745 and therefore older than the present facade. The steps are adorned by the coats-of-arms of Willem Karel Hendrik Friso, stadtholder of Friesland, and his spouse Anna van Brunswijk. The coats-of-arms were hacked out in 1795 (French revolution), but replaced in 1950. The town gaol was formerly located behind the door in the flight of steps.

NetherlandsSneekbuilding